Thursday, August 18, 2011

How are you creating the smog?


I was ridiculously moved by this video. Partly because of the story with which she opens her talk. Imagine it. Being held prisoner, breaking free, walking for your life, just surviving. Risking everything to live! We have so much we take for granted. Here I mean the universal We that includes myself. I also recognize that there continues to be war, famine, poverty, abuse, danger, foodlessness, cold, terror all around the world and within our own county and communities.
The other reason I love this video is the idea of the invisible connectors between us. The idea that the space between a people rather than couples) is the playgroup for the child and that it is subject to pollution. I purposefully substitute the word "people" for "couples." Because it is the space between parents and their children, between teachers, between adults in the superrmarket, between children on the blacktop.

How can you make your space a little cleaner today?

1 comment:

  1. This is FANTASTIC! What a beautiful depiction of how we can connect and encounter each other. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete